This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Perfect on game day or ANY day, keto Cajun Shrimp Dip is a tasty dip that’s easy to make, comes out of the oven golden-brown and bubbly, and that is loaded with flavor.
Imagine a creamy, cheesy dip filled with chunks of sweet tender shrimp and a lively kick from Cajun spices. Sound like something you could dip into? Read on for more info!
What You Need to Make Cajun Shrimp Dip
Shrimp – You can use the pre-cooked salad shrimp for this dish. I prefer bigger shrimp. I toss them in a bit of the Cajun seasoning and cook them in a pan for just a few minutes until they’re cooked. Then, I just chop them up into smallish chunks.
Cheddar Cheese – Go with sharp white cheddar. The older and tangier the better! Don’t skimp with lousy cheese with this dish!
Cream Cheese – Store brand is just fine. Use your favorite. You need about 4 ounces.
Cajun Seasoning – Make your own or use your favorite keto brand. Make sure there are no sugars or hidden starches in the seasoning if you buy it.
Green Onion – Use fresh green onion and chop it up. It lends a subtle flavor that this dish really needs.
Lemon Juice – A tablespoon of lemon juice is all this dish needs to brighten it up.
Worchestershire Sauce – A little bit of this savory sauce goes a long way, and adds plenty of savory flavor.
Parmesan Cheese – This gets sprinkled on top. A little bit goes a long way, so use the good stuff!
How to Make Cajun Shrimp Dip
Don’t try to make this dish without softening the cream cheese first, or you’ll end up mangling the shrimp.
Let the cream cheese soften on the counter for 30 minutes before making this dip. Or, pop the cream cheese into the microwave for 20 seconds, then stir, and repeat until it is soft enough to work with.
To assemble, combine the shredded cheddar with the cream cheese and sour cream and mix well until combined.
Add the Cajun seasoning and remaining ingredients EXCEPT for the shrimp. Mix well.
Don’t add the shrimp until the end – over mixing could result in the shrimp getting mashed up. You want to keep them whole and in lovely chunks.
Put the mixture into an oven-safe dish. Top it with the Parmesan cheese and bake at 350-F until it is hot, bubbly, and golden-brown.
- Use good quality shrimp in this dish. And, make it easy on yourself using pre-peeled and deveined shrimp, or get the zippered shrimp. These have been deveined and have the shells split down the back so they’re easy to peel.
- Remove the tails!!
- This dip makes about 2-cups. Enough to share!
- Add some spice! Finely chop 1/2 a jalapeno or add some red pepper flakes to spice it up.
- 1/4 cup of finely diced red bell pepper will add a carb or two per serving, but it’ll add lovely color and flavor.
- Bake it in cute dishes that can double as a serving dish. These little casserole pans are darling.
What to serve with this keto Shrimp Dip
Serve with these Crispy Keto Crackers or your favorite dippers.
Does Low-Carb Cajun Shrimp Dip Freeze?
YES! But here’s the thing – you need to freeze it BEFORE you bake it.
Prepare the dip right up to the point of baking, then package it in a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to three months.
To heat, thaw the Cajun Shrimp Dip in the fridge overnight and heat in the oven at 350-F for about 15 minutes (cooking time will depend on the temperature of the dip and size of the dish).
Alternatively, if you freeze it in an oven-safe dish, you can pop it in the oven from frozen. Bake it at 350-F for 30-40 minutes or so until it is hot and bubbly throughout.
Like This? Also Try:
Cajun Shrimp Dip (Keto, Low-Carb)
- 6 ounces shrimp cleaned, cooked, chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp Worchestershire Sauce
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp cayenne optional
- Combine the softened cream cheese with the shredded cheddar and sour cream. Mix well until smooth and blended.
- Add the green onion, Worchestershire Sauce, and Cajun seasoning. Mix well. This is when you’d also add the cayenne or red pepper flakes, or other optional ingredients.
- Fold in the shrimp without mashing them up.
- Spoon the dip into an oven-safe dish and sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 350-F oven for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly on top.
- Serve and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.