This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
Who doesn’t love pizza? But let’s be honest – pizza can be a low-carbers nightmare. From the crust to sugary sauces, pizza can be a keto nightmare, but with this SUPER-EASY and oh-so tasty Crustless Pizza recipe, you can get all the flavor of your favorite pizza with none of the carbs!
What I REALLY love about this keto Crustless Pizza recipe is how creative I can get with it. I top it with all my favorite toppings, mixing and matching depending on what I”m in the mood for.
Traditional toppings like pepperoni, peppers and mushrooms are always tasty, or I jazz it up sometimes with bits of chicken, spinach, and olives for a more Mediterranean vibe.
Crustless Pizza Starts with Sauce
Well, technically it starts with cheese, but the next layer is sauce, and sauce is soooo important!
Of course, you can buy keto/low-carb sauce at the store, but it is often quite pricey, and they bulk it out with — get ready for this — carrots. Yup, one famous brand of sauce has carrots in it to give it more substance and to add some sweetness that’s missing from added sugar.
We all know that carrots are high in sugar and not great for strict keto, so do yourself a favor and make your own sauce.
What You Need To Make This Crustless Pizza Recipe
- A sturdy sheet pan. Reason #1817 to get your hands on these solid sheet pans. They’re commercial grade, don’t warp, and will last a lifetime.
- Parchment paper. Please don’t try this recipe without parchment paper. Not wax paper – parchment paper.
- Spatula aka flipper aka turner.
- Pizza Sauce
- Your favorite toppings
How to Make Crustless Pizzas
- Line your sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Spread out the shredded mozzarella cheese and bake in a 350-F oven for 5-7 minutes or until melted but not really bubbling or browning.
- Remove from the oven and top with sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes or until everything is hot and gooey and cooked and melted.
- Let cool on the sheet pan (alternatively slide the parchment with the pizza OFF the sheet pan to a cutting board) until cool to the touch.
- Slice, remove with a flipper, and enjoy!
- Less is more. Resist the temptation to load this pizza with piles of toppings. The cheesy bottom simply won’t hold a whole bunch of ingredients. A thin layer of sauce, and a few toppings are best.
- Onions and mushrooms – if you’re using onions and mushrooms, they’re not really in the oven long enough to cook. Sautee them in a skillet for a few minutes first before adding to your Crustless Pizza.
- Use cooked meats only – like the veggies, this recipe isn’t in the oven long enough to cook raw meat toppings. Crumbled and cooked bacon, pepperoni, crumbled cooked sausage, grilled chicken…those are all good options.
- Good quality mozzarella – not the kind stored in water – is best for this recipe. Some pizza blend cheeses are really oily and the oil will separate from the cheese leaving you a nasty mess. Use whole milk mozzarella (preferably the kind you shred yourself.)
Is This Crustless Pizza Recipe Freezable?
Yes! Prepare it, cook it, and freeze it tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and then in a zipper-top freezer bag for up to three months.
To enjoy after freezing, simply allow it to thaw and warm it in the microwave for just a few seconds. Let cool, and enjoy your snack!
Like This? Also Try:
With all the flavors of your favorite pizza minus the carbs, this Crustless Pizza Recipe is an easy fix whenever you're in the mood for pizza!
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni slices
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and spread the mozzarella out in a thin layer. You want the layer to be thin but with most of the cheese touching - so no gaps between the cheese shreds.
- Bake the cheesy bottom in a pre-heated 350-F oven for about 5-7 minutes or until it is melted but not bubbling or turning brown around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- Top with a thin layer of sauce and your favorite toppings.
- Return to the oven and bake 8-10 minutes or until it is golden brown around the edges.
- Let cool for several minutes - you can carefully slide the parchment paper to a cutting board to cool faster - then cut and enjoy!
Please note: The nutrition count for this recipe is just an estimate. Actual numbers will depend on the kind of sauce you use, and your choice of toppings.
Serving Size:1/4 of the pizza
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 262Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 769mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 16g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.