Add a burst of flavor and freshness to any meal with this amazing, easy, and totally keto Cucumber & Feta Salad!
This is a quick and easy salad that uses just a handful of ingredients, which you already may have on hand! It’s perfect as a side dish, but also doubles as a tasty lunch if you’re looking for something quick and easy.
What You Need to Make Cucumber & Feta Salad
- English cucumber – this is the long skinny type that’s often wrapped in plastic
- Feta cheese – use your favorite whole-fat feta cheese
- Sour cream – full fat, please!
- Dried dill – fresh is fine, too
- Sharp knife – I’m in love with my Henkels knives – they’ll last a lifetime! I used them while working as a chef, and I use them at home.
- Cutting board – These hefty plasticky cutting boards go right into the dishwasher!
Why an English Cucumber?
English cucumbers are fabulous in salads for several reasons.
- Just wash and chop, no peeling required! English cucumbers have a thinner, less waxy peel which makes the skin ideal for eating. And, there’s extra fiber from the peel.
- English cucumbers are either seedless or the seeds are super small, so you don’t have to scoop out the seeds. There are no big, ugly tough seeds to chew through or remove.
- These cucumbers are also a bit less watery, so they’re great in salads like this one.
Can You Use Regular Cucumber?
Absolutely! But, you’ll need to peel it and remove the seeds with a spoon.
How To Make Keto Cucumber & Feta Salad
This dish couldn’t be any easier to make!
1) Wash the cucumber and chop off the ends.
2) Cut the cucumber – I cut it lengthwise then lengthwise again, finally cutting across the long sticks to create quarters. Basically, cut the cucumber into bite-size pieces.
3) Mix the cucumber with the sour cream and dill.
4) Top with crumbled feta and serve!
What to Serve With This Keto Cucumber Salad
I love serving grilled meats and fish with this salad as the creaminess and tangy flavor go great with grilled dishes like these Lemon-Oregano Chicken Kabobs or these Beef Kefta Kabobs, but I have also enjoyed this salad with steaks, or even on its own as a main meal.
- Fresh dill lends a lovely flavor but dried is fine in this recipe, too
- Add a touch of very thinly sliced red onion to jazz up this dish
- Use feta that’s in water as opposed to feta marinated in oil – the oil won’t mix well with the dressing
- Change up the flavor and use oregano instead, or even a bit of lemon and pepper
- This salad is best served as soon as it is mixed, but it can be prepped ahead of time by chopping the cucumber, measuring out the sour cream and dill, and crumbling the feta
Does This Keto Cucumber & Feta Salad Freeze?
Unfortunately not. Enjoy this salad shortly after you’ve made it.
Like This? Also Try:
Keto Cucumber & Feta Salad
- 2 cups cucumber washed and trimmed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup feta crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried dill or 1 tbsp fresh
- Dice the cucumber into bite-size pieces.
- Toss the cucumber with the sour cream and dill.
- Top with the crumbled feta and serve.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.