When you’re short on time and still want something tasty, nutritious, AND keto, this Italian Ground Turkey and Peppers recipe is the one for you.
This meal comes together in a jiffy and trust me when I tell you, it’s GREAT!
Loaded with flavor, high in protein, and low in net carbs, this is a ketoers dream! Plus, even the non-keto people in your house will love it.
Hungry? Let’s get started!
What You Need To Make Italian Ground Turkey & Peppers Recipe
- Ground turkey – opt for lean turkey. Don’t worry, we’ll add some fat to this recipe. Why pay for it when we can add healthy avocado oil.
- Peppers – I use a mix of red and green because they’re so pretty, but use what you’ve got.
- Onion – use yellow onion and slice it thinly
- Garlic – fresh is best!
- Italian seasoning – look for a good quality Italian seasoning without added sugar!
- Fresh parsley – try not to skip the fresh parsley. It add soooo much flavor!
- Salt and pepper
How To Make Italian Ground Turkey & Peppers
This is a 1-skillet wonder! Making this keto turkey and vegetable recipe is a breeze:
- Sautee the onions in the avocado oil. Cook until translucent then add the garlic for the last minute of cooking time.
- Brown the turkey in the remaining oil. Drain the fat.
- Add the Italian seasoning.
- Combine the cooked turkey with the peppers and mix well.
- Serve and enjoy!
Seriously, that’s it! This recipe is so easy even my husband (who admits he can’t cook) makes this recipe for the family, and he agrees that this is one of the best ground turkey recipes we’ve made.
Chef Jenn’s Tips To Make This Easy Ground Turkey Recipe
- Use a good quality lean ground turkey for this quick ground turkey recipe. I buy it on sale and keep a few packages in the freezer for quick meals.
- Add a pinch of red pepper flakes to add a pop of flavor!
- Use fresh peppers, not frozen – frozen peppers are mushy and you want the peppers in this dish to be nice and crisp
- Don’t overcook the peppers! Keep them tender-crisp. Cooked but they still have some crunch to them.
What To Serve With This Quick Ground Turkey Recipe?
I’ll make regular rice or potatoes for the rest of the family. They love this easy ground turkey recipe as much as I do!
Is This Keto Turkey Recipe Freezer Friendly?
Simply cool it thoroughly and then package it in a freezer-safe container. Freeze it for up to three months.
To reheat, pop it into the microwave or warm it in a skillet on the stovetop.
Your peppers won’t be as crisp as they were before you froze the dish, but it’ll be just fine.
Yes, it totally is! It has only 3 net grams of carbs and no high carb ingredients, making it a great pick for a low-carb diet.
They sure can be! This Italian Ground Turkey & Peppers recipe is totally keto. You can limit the onion and garlic if you want to drop the carbs down even further.
This is a 1 pound ground turkey recipe – 1 pound plus the other ingredients, will make four servings.
Like This? Also Try?
Step By Step Process
Italian Ground Turkey with Peppers
- Sautee the onions in 1 tbsp of the avocado oil until soft and translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and sautee until aromatic, about 1 minute.
- Add the cubed peppers to the onions and garlic. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes or until the peppers are tender crisp. Remove the pepper and onion mixture from the pan.
- Brown the ground turkey in the remaining oil. Drain any juices from the pan.
- Add the Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes (optional). Mix well.
- Add the peppers and onions back to the pan and heat through. Adjust the seasoning and serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
If you’re looking for even more easy keto recipes, be sure to check out this slow cooker ribs and sauerkraut dish, or this meaty sausage pick. If you’re a soup fan, this wonton classic is a must try, or this veggie packed beefy soup.