Keto dieters know all about eggs because we eat so darn many of them, but I’m always on the hunt for new recipes to change things up; enter Ham & Spinach Crustless Quiche. OMG!! I was in breakfast heaven when I sunk my teeth into these pillowy cups of eggy goodness. At 4 net carbs, these soft, fluffy, and melt-in-your-mouth
These Ham & Spinach Crustless
These little guys are also totally versatile. I departed from the original recipe by making mine with sauteed spinach, ham, and plenty more cheese. A touch of onion and garlic upped the savory factor, and I swapped out the Parmesan for Swiss cheese, to keep the flavors in line with ham and spinach.
I haven’t tried to freeze these (you KNOW how much I love freezing food for later), so I don’t know how they’d turn out. If you freeze them, let me know how it goes. Mine disappeared too darn fast to save any for the freezer!
These souffle-like Ham & Spinach Crustless
Ham & Spinach Crustless Quiche
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 each eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup Swiss cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 ounces baby spinach leaves washed
- 2 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup ham diced
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375-F, and butter the insides of six ramekins or small oven-safe dishes that'll hold at least 1/2 cup. Put the ramekins on a cookie sheet to catch any spillover and to make moving them easier.
- Put the softened cream cheese, eggs, and heavy cream into a blender or food processor. Pulse until well combined. Add the Parmesan and Swiss cheeses, and pulse one or two times more to blend. Set aside for a few minutes while you prepare the rest.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat the oil and then wilt the spinach. When wilted, add the ham, 2 tbsp of heavy cream, dried onion flakes, and ground pepper.
- Add 1/2 cup of the egg mixture to each well-buttered dish. Top with 1/6 of the spinach mixture. Bake in a 375-F oven for about 20 minutes or until they've poofed up and are set in the middle. Serve with toasted FatHead bagels, your favorite Keto bread, or for brunch, a lovely salad.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.