This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
I was fortunate to get an advance copy of Urvashi Pitre’s new keto cookbook, Easy Keto in 30 Minutes, and let me tell you, this book is a keeper!
Not only did I get to ooh and ahh over the amazing recipes, I’ve already tried a few, and with the author’s and publisher’s permission, I have the fortune of being able to share one of the recipes with you.
This is a sweet and simple dessert that just takes a few minutes to prepare, and a wee bit of time to set up in the freezer.
what you need to make Peanut Pecan Bars:
Creamy peanut butter – make sure it’s no-sugar added!
Pecans – chopped
Vanilla – use the good stuff!
How to Make This Keto Dessert
Combine the peanut butter, oil and sweetener and microwave until melted and well-mixed.
Add in the other ingredients.
Put in a parchment paper-lined baking dish, and freeze until set!
- I used lightly roasted pecans the first time, but then I tried it with almonds and walnuts. Equally delicious, so feel free to mix things up!
- Parchment paper is essential! Waxed paper is not the same thing. Do yourself a favor and buy parchment paper. It’ll save your bacon again and again in the kitchen.
- Store these Peanut Pecan Bars in a plastic container in the fridge for a few days, but I’m not sure they’ll last that long!
- If you’re allergic to peanut butter, use sunflower seed butter.
- Save a few pecans to sprinkle on top for an attractive topping.
- I didn’t chop the nuts too finely, as I like a bit of crunch.
Are Peanut Pecan Bars Freezable?
Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to three months.
To thaw, unwrap them and put them into a container and thaw in the fridge overnight.
What to Serve with Peanut Pecan Bars
Here you go. Two minutes to cook a little dessert that makes lovely little snacks for the next few days, using stuff you have in the house. You’re welcome! If you’re allergic to nuts, use sunflower seed butter and a mix of different seeds such as pumpkin seed, hemp seed, etc. for the topping. Other than that? Melt, mix, pour, freeze, eat.
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, oil, and sweetener. Micro wave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Stir until ingredients are well-blended.
3. Add the extract and pecans; stir well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
4. Freeze until set, about 20 minutes. Cut into 16 squares.
5. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
Peanut Pecan Barsis excerpted from EASY KETO IN 30 MINUTES: More than 100 Ketogenic Recipes from Around the World ©2019 by Urvashi Pitre. Photography ©2019 by Ghazalle Badiozamani. Reproduced by permission of Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. All rights reserved.
Serving Size:1 bar
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 11gNet Carbohydrates: 6gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gSugar Alcohols: 3gProtein: 8g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.