I was fortunate to get an advance copy of Urvashi Pitre’s new keto cookbook, Easy Keto in 30 Minutes, and let me tell you, this book is a keeper!
Not only did I get to ooh and ahh over the amazing recipes, I’ve already tried a few, and with the author’s and publisher’s permission, I have the fortune of being able to share one of the recipes with you.
This is a sweet and simple dessert that just takes a few minutes to prepare, and a wee bit of time to set up in the freezer.
what you need to make Peanut Pecan Bars:
Creamy peanut butter – make sure it’s no-sugar added!
Pecans – chopped
Vanilla – use the good stuff!
How to Make This Keto Dessert
Combine the peanut butter, oil and sweetener and microwave until melted and well-mixed.
Add in the other ingredients.
Put in a parchment paper-lined baking dish, and freeze until set!
- I used lightly roasted pecans the first time, but then I tried it with almonds and walnuts. Equally delicious, so feel free to mix things up!
- Parchment paper is essential! Waxed paper is not the same thing. Do yourself a favor and buy parchment paper. It’ll save your bacon again and again in the kitchen.
- Store these Peanut Pecan Bars in a plastic container in the fridge for a few days, but I’m not sure they’ll last that long!
- If you’re allergic to peanut butter, use sunflower seed butter.
- Save a few pecans to sprinkle on top for an attractive topping.
- I didn’t chop the nuts too finely, as I like a bit of crunch.
Are Peanut Pecan Bars Freezable?
Wrap them tightly in plastic wrap and freeze for up to three months.
To thaw, unwrap them and put them into a container and thaw in the fridge overnight.
What to Serve with Peanut Pecan Bars
Peanut Pecan Bars
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup swerve
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- 2. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter, oil, and sweetener. Micro wave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway through the cooking time. Stir until ingredients are well-blended.
- 3. Add the extract and pecans; stir well. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- 4. Freeze until set, about 20 minutes. Cut into 16 squares.
- 5. Store in a tightly sealed container for up to 1 week in the refrigerator.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.