With lots of garlic and lime, these zesty Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs can be on the table in a jiffy. Easy keto meals? Love them!
Everybody at my house loves it when I make these garlic lime chicken thighs, and the process couldn’t be easier. The toughest part, really, is waiting for them to cook so that you can dig in!
Not only is this an easy keto dish, it’s also a versatile one that can be served with a variety of sides. For keto diet followers, some nice green veggies and sliced sauteed peppers work well, and for my carb-loving family, I make cilantro-rice (like Chipotle’s famous rice) and they share in the leafy greens that I make to go with my own dinner.
This isn’t the prettiest dish in the world, so it’s important to make your plate shine! I love using sauteed red and orange peppers because of the pop of color they give to my plate, but really, any of your favorite keto sides will go well with this dish.
Marinate Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs for Best Flavor
If I ‘m planning ahead, I’ll marinate these chicken thighs in a slurry of garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, and lime in the morning, and tuck them into the fridge until I’m ready to cook them.
Simply put them on a sheet pan or into a baking dish, and bake until cooked (if I had a buck every time I recommended that people get good quality sheet pans, I could retire!)
Turn the broiler on high for the last few minutes of cooking to give them a bit of color and to crisp up the skin, then dig in!
- Buy chicken thighs when they’re on sale or in bulk and freeze them in portions enough for a meal. I count on two thighs per person, and that usually gives me a bit leftover if the kids only eat one
- Marinate ahead of time for more flavor
- You can use boneless and or skinless chicken thighs, but reduce the cooking time. Chicken is safe to eat when the internal cooking temperature reaches 165-F.
What To Serve With Garlic-Lime Chicken Thighs
Garlic Lime Chicken Thighs
- 8 each chicken thighs
- 1 each lime
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper
- Rinse and trim the chicken thighs, removing any excess skin and fat. Pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Cut the lime in half. Set one half aside. Juice half the lime, putting juice in a small bowl. Add the minced garlic, cumin, cilantro, olive oil, and a good pinch of salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Toss the marinade with the chicken thighs, combining to coat them well with the mixture.
- Set the bowl of chicken thighs in the fridge to marinate, or preheat the oven to 375-F and put the chicken thighs in a single layer skin side up on a baking tray or dish along with all the liquid and garlic chunks.
- Bake at 375-F for about 12-15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165-F. Baste halfway through the cooking time with any juices in the pan. Turn the oven on to broil and broil the chicken thighs for 2-3 minutes or until the skin crisps up and gets golden brown. Serve with the pan juices and your favorite sides.
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.