One of the hardest things to kick when turning to a Keto lifestyle has been the salty crunchy snacks, but this Bacon, Onion, and Cheese Dip is a great replacement! Oh my, how I loved my salty crunchy snacks! Of course, they’re super-loaded with carbs, so I’ve had to get creative.
Enter one of my favorite dips: Bacon, Onion, and Cheese Dip. Not only is this dip quick to whip up with ingredients you might already have on hand, but it is super easy to make. And, it’s not just me who loves this dip. The kids and hubby dig into it, too!
A terrific choice whenever you need something to munch, this is also a party favorite, so bring it along to your next gathering. Perfect for football games in front of the TV or even tailgating, this dip travels like a dream.
Bacon, Onion, and Cheese Dip is Versatile
I’ve dunked all sorts of veggies into this dip, including celery, carrots, cucumber, and even zucchini slices. But, if you get tired of dunking, here are some tips for what else you can do with this versatile dip:
- add a spoonful to scrambled eggs
- stuff chicken breast with this cheesy mixture before baking
- melt it over zucchini noodles
- add a 1/4 cup to these Ham & Cheese Egg Muffins
- and more!
Dip it, cook with it, make a sauce out of it…the variations are nearly limitless! And, you can have fun with this dip, too. Jazz it up with some hot sauce to give it some kick, swap around the cheeses, use crumbled sausage instead of bacon. Give it a try, and if you change it up, drop me a line below and let me know how you turned this Bacon, Onion, and Cheese Dip into your new favorite!
Creamy with a hint of bacon and onion, this dip is a keto-friendly cravings buster!
- 8 ounce cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup colby cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices bacon
- 3 each green onions
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Using an electric mixer, whip the softened cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise in a bowl. Add the shredded cheeses, stirring this in with a spoon or spatula.
- Cut the raw bacon into pieces and cook in a skillet until brown and crisp. Drain the fat and add the bacon to the cheese mixture.
- Clean and slice the green onions. Add the green onions, garlic and onion powder, cayenne and lemon juice to the cream cheese mixture. Stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Celery sticks, baby carrots, cucumbers and more can be dunked into this delicious dip. Happy dipping!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 377Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 557mgCarbohydrates: 4gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.