If you’re craving flavor and want something simple but that packs a punch of deliciousness, then this keto creamy jalapeno dip is for you! Follow me, Chef Jenn, as I show you all my tips and tricks to make this keto dip recipe perfectly every time!
Keto can be a challenge – I get it. Reading all those labels, trying to figure out what’s a sugar, whats a carb. What if I told you that you could have MASSIVE flavor from just a few all-natural ingredients? What if I told you that this magical recipe went perfectly with chicken wings, veggie sticks, on grilled meats, and more?
I’m telling you that such a recipe exists, and it’s called Creamy Jalapeno Dip.
This recipe is inspired by a dip that they serve at a Tex-Mex restaurant chain in the South, called Chuy’s. In fact, this recipe is soo good and soo similar to what they serve, I’m hereby dubbing it: Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeno Copycat Recipe.
And, it’s crazy simple and crazy good.
Join our Facebook group for friendly keto support, and for videos on how to make these recipes, subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Jump-start your keto success! Grab a copy of my 4-week Easy Keto Menu Plan or check out my other cookbooks to help you along
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosures.
How to Make Creamy Jalapeno Dip
Did I say this keto creamy dip recipe was easy to make? I sure did. Get a load of these ingredients-they’re all you need!
- Sour cream – Use the good, thick stuff. Full fat.
- Cilantro – Love it or hate it, it’s necessary in this dish. Use fresh cilantro and pull off the big stems.
- Jalapeno – Use a whole fresh jalapeno. Take the seeds out, they don’t puree nicely.
- Lime – You’ll need about two tablespoons of fresh lime juice. Don’t use the bottled stuff.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder – One tablespoon.
OK, now that you’ve got the list of ingredients, get ready for the colossal list of instructions on how to make it.
- Put everything in the food processor or blender and pulse it until it’s pureed and smooth.
- Pour it into a cute serving dish for dips.
- To punch up the spice level, use a fresh serrano chili pepper instead of a jalapeno.
- Add a touch of fresh garlic to add even more oomph to this fabulous dip.
- Don’t have ranch dressing powder? Add two tbsp of ranch dressing (keto friendly of course) instead.
- This dip gets stronger in flavor as it sits. For maximum flavor, refrigerate it overnight before serving.
What to Serve with Keto Creamy Jalapeno Dip
In the restaurant, they serve this dip with tortilla chips, which of course aren’t a part of a keto diet.
Instead, make your own tortilla chips from low-carb tortillas (toast them in a 350-F oven until crispy), or serve this dip with your favorite keto crackers, celery or other veggie sticks.
It also goes FABULOUSLY on just about every kind of Tex-Mex dish, or serve it with grilled chicken or fish. I also love dipping keto onion rings into it!
I also will use it as a salad dressing – it’s just that good!
Really want to amp-up the flavor? Serve this Creamy Jalapeno Dip with Tayo’s famous Keto Hot Wings or smother it over these keto pulled pork tacos.
Does This Keto Jalapeno Dip Freeze?
Sadly, no. Sour cream, the base of this recipe, just doesn’t do well in the freezer.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Creamy Jalapeno Dip (Keto, Low-Carb)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Wash the cilantro and remove the thick stems.
- Trim the jalapeno and remove the seeds.
- Pulse all ingredients in the food processor until smooth.
- Chill and enjoy!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
There’s no doubt that this Creamy Jalapeno Dip is a flavor super-star, but if you’re looking for more Tex-Mex flavors check out this chicken casserole, or this amazing soup. For Italian food fans, this sausage dish is a hit with the whole family, and this beefy and veggie soup will satisfy anyone.
7 thoughts on “Chuy’s Creamy Jalapeno Dip”
The perfect dip for this weekend — so much flavor and so easy to make!
Oh my gosh YUM!! I would put this on everything!!!
This looks so easy! I cant wait to try it soon!
This Jalapeno Dip looks so good! I love spicy recipes so this would be perfect as a snack for me!
I made this today and it is the best dip ever!! It is soooo good on celery! I eat celery all the time and have been looking for some type of dip! Not to mention, the total cost to make it is $2-$3 max! I feel like I won the snack lottery!
So glad you liked it! It’s a big hit in my house, too!
I have never been a fan of cilantro, but love jalapenos. I made it and used it for dip. It is so fresh and light tasting! I had some left and put it on air fried pork chops the next day. Wonderful!