Keto Zucchini Fries
Light, crispy, golden brown and delicious, keto Zucchini Fries are so good with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce!
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Slice the zucchini into thick fries - kind of like steak fries. You can peel the zucchini or not - it's up to you.
Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels.
Whisk the egg and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
Combine the almond flour, spices, and cheese in a second bowl. Mix well.
Dredge the zucchini in the egg, then the almond flour and cheese mixture, and then place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Lightly spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray/oil to help crisp them (optional)
Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes. Then, turn them carefully with a fork, and bake for about 10 more minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside but tender in the middle.
Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Grated - not shredded - Parmesan cheese is best in this recipe.
- Try to keep the zucchini cut the same thickness - about 1/2-inch thick maximum - for even cooking.
- After dredging the zucchini in the egg-mayonnaise mixture, press them really well into the almond flour and spices to get a nice coating on them.
- A bit of oil spray will help them crisp up nicely.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 461IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbohydrates: 7g