Keto Zucchini Fries
Light, crispy, golden brown and delicious, keto Zucchini Fries are so good with marinara sauce or your favorite dipping sauce!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Side Dish
Keyword: almond flour, french fries, fries, keto zucchini fries, parmesan cheese, zucchini
Servings: 4 servings
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Slice the zucchini into thick fries - kind of like steak fries. You can peel the zucchini or not - it's up to you.
Pat the zucchini dry with paper towels.
Whisk the egg and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
Combine the almond flour, spices, and cheese in a second bowl. Mix well.
Dredge the zucchini in the egg, then the almond flour and cheese mixture, and then place them on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Lightly spray the breaded zucchini fries with cooking spray/oil to help crisp them (optional)
Bake on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper for 15 minutes. Then, turn them carefully with a fork, and bake for about 10 more minutes or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside but tender in the middle.
Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Grated - not shredded - Parmesan cheese is best in this recipe.
- Try to keep the zucchini cut the same thickness - about 1/2-inch thick maximum - for even cooking.
- After dredging the zucchini in the egg-mayonnaise mixture, press them really well into the almond flour and spices to get a nice coating on them.
- A bit of oil spray will help them crisp up nicely.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 269kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 542mg | Potassium: 337mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 461IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 234mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbohydrates: 7g