Keto Scotch Eggs
Jammy eggs encased in savory sausage and baked with a crispy coating - these keto Scotch Eggs are so darn good! With just a few net carbs per hefty serving, you can feast on these tasty eats again and again.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time25 mins
Cuisine: American, European
Keyword: eggs, keto appetizers, keto party food, keto scotch eggs, sausage
Servings: 6 servings
- 7 eggs 6 for soft boiling, 1 for the egg wash
- 1 pound sausage meat
- 1 1/2 cups pork panko
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Soft boil 6 eggs, then carefully peel them. Chill them in the fridge before wrapping with sausage.
Preheat the oven to 425-F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Divide the sausage into 6 equal pieces. Flatten each one into a thin pancake.
Wrap a piece of pork around each egg and seal gently.
Dunk each Scotch Egg in the beaten egg and then into the pork panko. Set aside on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake until the sausage is cooked, about 10-14 minutes, depending on the thickness of the sausage.
Broil for the last minute to brown the tops.
Whisk together the heavy whipping cream and Dijon mustard to serve with the Scotch Eggs.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- The cheffy secret to getting a perfectly jammy egg inside the sausage is to chill the eggs after boiling them for a maximum of 5 minutes. Cool them under running water and peel them ASAP to stop the cooking. Then pop them into the fridge or even the freezer (for just a few minutes) to cool down. The cold egg yolk won't get hot enough to cook, while the thin sausage layer will.
- You can also coat the Scotch Eggs in a mixture of almond flour and Parmesan cheese.
- The creamy mustard sauce can also be made with whole-grain mustard or your favorite mustard.
Serving: 1egg | Calories: 413kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 274mg | Sodium: 770mg | Potassium: 288mg | Fiber: 0.3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 634IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 55mg | Iron: 2mg | Net Carbohydrates: 1g