Keto White Chicken Chili
With big, bold Southwestern flavors but few carbs, this keto White Chicken Chili is going to become a favorite!
Prep Time10 minutes mins
Cook Time20 minutes mins
Total Time30 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: chicken, chicken chili, chili, keto chili, keto white chicken chili, low carb chili
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 jalapeno seeded and diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cups rotisserie chicken cubed
- 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4.5 ounce canned chilis
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum optional
- avocado, sour cream, cilantro for garnishes optional
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced onion, jalapeno, and garlic. Sautee until the onion is translucent, about 4 minutes.
Add the cumin, oregano, and chili powder and cook an additional minute or until fragrant.
Add the chicken, chicken broth, and canned green chilis. Bring the skillet to a simmer, cover, and turn down the heat so the mixture is barely simmering.
Remove the lid and add the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon or spatula. Keep the heat on low to melt the cream cheese. Once the cheese is melted, add the green bell peppers and heavy whipping cream. Return the mixture to a simmer and simmer for 5 minutes.
Turn off the heat. Add the lime juice and thicken the mixture by whisking in the xanthan gum (optional).
Serve topped with avocado, lime, jack cheese, sour cream, or your favorite chili toppings.
Chef Jenn's Cooking Tips
- The spice level is easy to control in this dish. Like extra spice? Add more jalapeno or up the spice level with a habanero or serrano pepper.
- I freeze leftover rotisserie shredded chicken to make dishes like this - then dinnertime is a breeze!
- Fresh spices are essential - dried spices should be replaced every few years for maximum flavor.
- Don't over-simmer this dish. You're only cooking it long enough to blend all the flavors.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 513kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 207mg | Sodium: 813mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 952IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbohydrates: 7g