Keto Fried Cod
Crispy on the outside and flaky and moist on the inside, this keto Fried Cod recipe is a must-try for fish lovers! It's quick and easy to make and pairs so nicely with coleslaw and all your favorite keto veggies.
Servings: 4 servings
- 24 ounces cod filets
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
Heat about 1/2-inch of oil in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed skillet. Cast-iron works great!
Pat the fish dry with paper towels then season the cod filets with salt and pepper and the Old Bay seasoning.
Whisk the eggs in a shallow dish large enough to hold 1 filet, and spread the almond flour into a second similarly-sized dish.
Working with one filet at a time, dip the filet into the egg, then gently press it into the almond flour. Flip the filet over, ensuring it is coated on all sides. Transfer the filet to a plate and continue until all the filets are coated.
Heat the oil until it reaches about 350-F on a thermometer or until a few crumbs sizzle when dropped into the oil.
Gently lay the fish into the oil, leaving enough space between the filets to flip them over.
Cook for 2-3 minutes, then gently and carefully flip the filets over and cook another 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
Transfer the cooked filets to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, then serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Look for 4-6 ounce filets for a hearty meal.
- You can swap pork panko (crushed pork rinds) instead of the almond flour to make this a nut-free fried fish recipe.
- Use your favorite seasoning blend instead of Old Bay if you prefer.
- The fish cooks quickly, so have them all breaded and lined up and ready to go.
- Control the heat of your oil - if it's too hot, the almond flour will burn.
Serving: 1filet | Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Cholesterol: 166mg | Sodium: 418mg | Potassium: 746mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 3mg | Net Carbohydrates: 4g