Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps
A tasty anytime appetizer, these keto and low carb Sausage, Bacon, and Cheese Stuffed Mushroom Caps are great for gatherings, parties, and even just for dinner!
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 pound sausage meat bulk sausage, or remove it from the casings
- 1 pound mushrooms washed and stems removed
- 4 slices raw bacon chopped roughly
- 2 tbsp parsley chopped finely
- 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded cheese cheddar, mozzarella, Italian blend - whatever you have on hand
Wash the mushrooms and carefully pop out the stems.
Mix the sausage meat with the chopped bacon, parsley, dried onion flakes, garlic powder, and shredded cheese. Add a pinch of salt if you want but I find them salty enough with the cheese and sausage meat.
Fill the mushroom caps with a generous portion of the sausage mixture, and put them on a baking sheet with raised sides.
Bake at 375-F for about 15 minutes or until cooked through (165-F on a thermometer). Cooking time will vary on the size of your mushrooms and the amount of filling. Don't overcook them or they get hard and dense. Enjoy!
Serving: 2-3 mushrooms | Calories: 505kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 42g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 21g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1011mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 3g | Net Carbohydrates: 3g