Keto Cheeseburger Casserole
With a creamy and cheesy mashed cauliflower base and meaty top layer, this keto Cheeseburger Casserole is a hearty 1-dish meal everyone will want seconds of!
Prep Time20 minutes mins
Cook Time20 minutes mins
Total Time40 minutes mins
Course: Main Course
Keyword: beef, beef casserole, burger, cheeseburger, cheeseburger casserole, ground beef, keto cheeseburger casserole
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup white cheddar
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspooon onion powder
- 1 teaspooon garlic powder q
- salt and pepper
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tabelspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup keto ketchup
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup dill pickles
- 1/4 cup red onion
Cut the cauliflower into florets and put it in a bowl with 1/4 cup of water and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on high to steam it until tender, about 10 minutes.
Drain the cauliflower and puree it with the cream, egg, and white cheddar cheese until smooth. Set aside.
Brown the beef along with the onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper. Drain off any excess fat and discard the fat.
Turn the heat down to low and add the cream cheese, stirring until it is melted.
Add the Worcestershire sauce and sugar-free ketchup. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Add the mashed cauliflower in a layer on the bottom of a 9x9 (or similar) casserole dish.
Add the ground beef mixture to the top and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Bake covered with foil at 375-F for about 15-20 minutes or until heated through and bubbly.
Top with diced pickle, tomatoes, and onions - all your favorite cheeseburger flavors - and dig in!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Depending on the size of your casserole dish and the size of the cauliflower you used, you may not have to use all of it. Save some for another meal - just remember there is raw egg in it so it should be heated through to cook the egg.
- The beef mixture should be creamy but not soupy. Be sure to drain off excess fat before adding the cream cheese.
- Don't skip the garnishes - they add so much to this dish and really amp up the flavors!
- Don't care for mashed cauliflower? Skip this layer! Serve the dish with your favorite vegetable sides instead, like Green Beans Almondine with Bacon or bacon-wrapped asparagus.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 369kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 772mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 722IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 4mg | Net Carbohydrates: 6g