Keto Avocado Toast
Light, crispy, and topped with chunky avocado, keto Avocado Toast is the perfect breakfast or brunch.
Servings: 2 servings
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons almond flour
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Everything Bagel seasoning
Heat the mini waffle maker as per the manufacturer's instructions, and spray it lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
Whip the egg white with a fork until frothy. Add the cheese and almond flour and mix until combined.
Put 1/2 of the batter onto the mini waffle maker and close the lid. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until it is light and crispy and releases easily.
Meanwhile, make the avocado. Cut through the avocado from tip to bottom then twist the halves apart.
Push the avocado seed out by pressing gently on the avocado skin behind the seed. It should pop out. Then scoop out the flesh and put it into a small bowl.
Mash the avocado with a fork, keeping it chunky. Season with salt, pepper, and lime.
Top the still warm chaffle with 1/2 of the avocado mixture and garnish with a sprinkle of Everything Bagel seasoning.
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Make chaffles in batches and freeze them until you need one. Then, just pop one into the toaster and you're all set to enjoy your avocado toast for breakfast or brunch
- Mix up the flavors of your keto avocado toast by adding crips bacon, a fried egg, crumbled sausage, and more.
- Eat your avocado toast as soon as it is ready - avocados don't keep long once cut.
- Store leftover avocado in the fridge - put it in as small a container as possible and press plastic wrap onto the surface of the avocado. It'll keep for a day or two - just scrape off any black/brown bits before eating.
Serving: 1avocado toast | Calories: 282kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 539mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 339IU | Vitamin C: 12mg | Calcium: 166mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbohydrates: 4g