Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Soup
Creamy, thick, and with a terrific flavor from the roasted cauliflower, this amazing Creamy Keto Cauliflower Soup is fabulous for lunch or dinner any day!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time40 mins
Course: Soups & Stews
Keyword: cauliflower, creamy, keto soup, keto soup and chowder, soup
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 shallot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
Remove the stem from the cauliflower and cut it into chunks.
Combine the oil with the salt and pepper. Toss the cauliflower with the seasoned oil.
Put the seasoned cauliflower, peeled and cut shallot, and peeled garlic onto a sheet pan.
Roast the garlic in a preheated 425-F oven for 10-15 minutes or until it is golden brown.
In a large pot, simmer the chicken broth. Add the roasted cauliflower, shallot, and garlic, plus any pan juices, to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes or until the cauliflower stems are very soft.
Remove from the heat and puree in a blender or with an immersion blender.
Add the cream and season with more salt and pepper if needed. Add extra cream or chicken broth to reach your desired thickness.
Serve topped with shredded sharp cheddar and chopped green onions. Enjoy!
Chef Jenn's Tips
- Use fresh cauliflower for this recipe. Frozen cauliflower is too watery, and you'll never get it to get golden brown when roasting.
- No shallots? Use 1/4 of a yellow onion. Red onion will turn your soup a nasty color.
- Like herbs? Add a touch of dried thyme to this recipe when cooking in the broth.
- Garnish this recipe with a bit of chopped green onion and sharp cheddar.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 201kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 205mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 437IU | Vitamin C: 35mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 1mg | Net Carbohydrates: 4g