Layered with meaty flavor, a great sauce, plenty of cheese and all your favorite pizza toppings, this amazing keto Pizza Casserole is a must-try. Easy, tasty, and on the table in a jiffy, this dish is perfect any night of the week!
I’ll admit that I wasn’t the first one to think of making a pizza casserole recipe, but this one has got my own personal spins on it that jack the flavor up from a 10 to a 15. Hungry? Keep reading and I, Chef Jenn, will show you how to make this amazing dish that the whole family will request again and again.
What You Need to Make Keto Pizza Casserole
- An oven-safe casserole dish
- Ground beef
- Italian sausage – hot or mild
- Italian seasoning
- 1 cup tomato sauce (make your own using this amazing keto tomato sauce recipe) – marinara sauce also works
- Ricotta cheese – extra creamy if you can find it!
- Green pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- Mushrooms – optional
- Sliced olives – optional
How to Make This Keto Pizza Casserole Recipe
- Add the ground beef and ground Italian sausage to a large skillet and brown it. Add a bit of oil if necessary.
- Drain the meat if necessary, then add the onion and Italian seasoning plus garlic powder.
- Cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and ricotta cheese. Mix well and bring to a simmer. Turn off the heat and add the bell pepper. Fold in the mushrooms and olives if you’re using them.
- Put the meat mixture into your casserole dish and top it with the mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Add the pepperoni to the top and bake until the dish is hot and bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!
Chef Jenn’s Tips
- Ricotta adds such a lovely flavor to this dish, and the extra creaminess really puts it over the top.
- Look for an Italian seasoning that has no hidden sugars or starches!
- You can use sweet or hot Italian sausage in this recipe that’s perfect for keto and low carb diets.
- You can use ground pork, chicken, or turkey instead of ground beef. Use what you’ve got!
- Use this recipe for keto tomato sauce or buy a low-carb variety from the store.
What To Serve With this Casserole
This casserole is so hearty and meaty that you don’t need much with it. A simple salad with a killer dressing like this Green Goddess or Ranch Dressing would do the trick. Or, stick with a simple vegetable.
Can I freeze Keto Pizza Caserole?
Absolutely, in fact, this dish freezes like a dream.
Simply chill it thoroughly in the fridge overnight or for a few hours. Then wrap portions tightly in plastic wrap or in a zipper-top freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to three months.
To eat, heat it in the microwave or oven until it is hot and bubbly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Heck ya, and it’s tasty too! Loaded with meaty and cheesy flavor, there’s plenty to love in this low carb pizza casserole. And, with just 7 net carbs per hearty serving, you can feast guilt-free!
It takes about 15 minutes of prep time and it’ll need about 20 minutes in the oven. So, it’s a tasty pick for weeknight dinners.
You can mix and match with ingredients and flavors to make each casserole unique. Usually they each have: protein, veggies, sauce, and cheese. Non-keto casseroles usually also have a starch in them like rice or noodles.
Where Do I Get the Recipe?
Just keep going! The recipe is at the bottom of the page, just before the comments section.
Like This? Also Try:
Step By Step Process
Sign up to get Chef Jenn’s best recipes right in your inbox and get a FREE Keto Pantry Checklist as thanks!
Keto Pizza Casserole
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb Italian sausage casings removed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup onion diced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper diced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces pepperoni slices or about 1/2 cup
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms optional
- 1/2 cup black olives optional
- Brown the beef and sausage in a large skillet. Drain the fat.
- Add the onion, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the onion softens.
- Add the tomato sauce, ricotta, bell pepper, mushrooms (optional) and olives (optional). Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into a casserole dish and top with the mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Dot the top with the pepperoni slices.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375-F oven for about 20 minutes or until it is hot and bubbly. Serve!
A Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is calculated based on available online ingredient information. It is only an approximate value. The accuracy of the nutritional information for any recipe on this site cannot be guaranteed. Erythritol carbs (sugar substitutes) are not included in the carbohydrate counts as they have been shown not to impact blood sugar, and they have zero calories and zero carbs. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
WAnt Even More easy Keto REcipes?
These are some of my current favorites: