This post may contain affiliate link(s). As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. See Disclosure.
You’re going to WOW everybody with this bright, cheery, colorful and amazingly tasty Oven Roasted Shrimp & Cauliflower Salad.
This is the ideal dish for parties, gatherings, pot lucks, backyard BBQs, and it keeps well in the fridge so it’s a tasty pick for keto meal prepping, too. And, it rings in at just 4 net carbs per serving, so dig in!
Inspired by a recipe by Ina Garten, I ketoized her Roasted Shrimp & Orzo Salad, making it low-carb and keto-friendly. This is a fairly simple salad to make, but there are a few key steps to pulling it off.
How to Make Keto Roasted Shrimp & Cauliflower Salad
First, use lots of fresh herbs. Dried will work in a pinch, but there’s nothing quite like the flavor of fresh herbs.
Second, don’t overcook the shrimp! I peeled and deveined a pound of shrimp then cut them lengthwise, from the back to the legs, to make them stretch further.
Good feta cheese is also essential; try to find one that’s not too salty.
This Cauliflower Salad can be Prepped Ahead of Time
There’s some chopping and prep work involved in making this dish, but most of it can be done ahead of time. Use a mandolin to help with the slicing and cutting to make short work of it.
You can even blanch the cauliflower and add the dressing ahead of time, just try to add the dressing to the hot cauliflower as that’ll help the flavors soak in and come alive.
Halve the Recipe for a Smaller Batch
This is keto and low-carb Oven Roasted Shrimp & Cauliflower Salad makes a generous bowlful, easily enough for 10-12 servings, as a side dish. But, you can easily halve the recipe to make a smaller portion for weeknight dinners, or keto lunches.
It also keeps like a gem in the fridge for a few days. Just give it a final squeeze of lemon to perk up the flavors if it’s been sitting a day or two.
But that’s it! It’s pretty straight forward. Serve this dish with your favorite grilled meats, or go for a classic like this Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. Click on the image gallery below for step-by-step pictures, or scroll down a bit for the recipe. Enjoy!
What to Serve with Oven Roasted Shrimp & Cauliflower Salad
This amazing salad will go fabulously with just about anything off the grill, like these Beef Kabobs, or try a year-round favorite like Bacon-Wrapped Pork Tenderloin. But it’ll also go well with burgers, sausage, or your favorite meat.
Is This Keto Cauliflower Salad Freezable?
Sadly, no, it isn’t. The cauliflower is only quickly blanched just to take the rawness out of it, and it won’t freeze well like this. Also, there are other veggies in this dish that wouldn’t do well in the freezing/thawing process.
Keto and low-carb, this oven roasted shrimp & cauliflower salad is full of great flavors and has a bright, lemon and herb dressing.
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1.5 cups cucumber, finely diced
- 1 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup feta, crumbled
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 12 each cherry tomatoes, split in half
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- for the dressing
- 5 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- 3 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Cut a cauliflower into small florets, reserving stems for another recipe.
- To make the dressing, combine 4 tbsp of olive oil, lemon juice, and Dijon mustard, whisking until thickened. Add the herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Add more lemon to suit.
- Blanch the cauliflower florets in boiling, salted water. Simply bring a pot to a boil, drop in the cauliflower, and when it returns to a boil drain the cauliflower. Toss with the dressing and chill in the fridge.
- To make the shrimp: peel and devein a pound of shrimp. Slice the shrimp lengthwise from back to legs, cutting each shrimp in half. Toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Arrange in a single layer in an oven-friendly dish and bake at 400-F for about 3-5 minutes or until cooked through. Do NOT overcook. Remove from the dish and chill, discarding any liquid.
- Dice the cucumber, bell pepper, onions, and slice the cherry tomatoes. Slice the green onion, and crumble the feta.
- Put all ingredients into a large bowl and toss to mix well. Season with salt and pepper, and chill before serving. Add a squirt of lemon to brighten up the flavor if you don't serve this right away.
Serving Size:1 1/2 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 192Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 110mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 7gNet Carbohydrates: 4gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 14g
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered via Nutrifox, when available, or other similar online calculators. Nutrition values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but readers should make their own calculations if exact calculations are required. Recipe authors are not nutritionists or dieticians and recipes are not to be considered as medical or nutritional advice. Please consult your primary doctor before making any changes to your diet.